So you want to start a blog? Good for you! Blogging can be a great way to connect with like-minded readers, an outlet for a hobby or platform for topic you are passionate about. AND blogging can be an income source as well! Here are a few things to consider when getting started with blogging for income. Please note, this is not a comprehensive list. This is more of a checklist of things to learn more about and look into.
What Will I Blog About
- Topics (Broad Lifestyle, Recipes, Parenting, …)
- Frequency of posting (daily, weekly)
- Site name, URL, Social Media names- Do they say “who” you are? Do they match?
What are Some Resources for Bloggers
- How to Blog For Profit by Ruth Soukup
- Strategic Blogging Course
- Facebook Strategies Course
- Simple Pin Media
How Do I Start a Blog
- Buy URL- GoDaddy
- Web Designer- My site is by Laura from Pixel Me Designs (tell her Mary sent you! 😉
- Hosing for WordPress.org blog – SiteGround
What are Sources of Blogging Income
- Affiliate Networks – MANY my fave is Share a Sale. See more here.
- Sponsored Posts – CollectiveBias and TapInfluence are my faves. Read more about Sponsored Posts here.
- Banner Ads – Google Adsense and Monumetric, Media.net
- Selling a product (ebook, resource …)
- Pinterest Scheduling tools- Tailwind (get 1 free month trial)
- Post Calendar and Social Scheduling tool- CoSchedule
- Newsletter – MadMimi
- Social Media and Newsletter Popups – MiloTree
- Photo editing and image creator- PicMonkey
- Stock Photos – GraphicStock
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that generate a commission.