Clever Recycling Idea > Repurpose Parmesan Cheese Shakers
By now you should know that I have a thing for repurposing jars. I love that I can recycle these for great storage and DIY uses (and not have to pay a dime more for them). There is another kind of “jar” that I also repurpose… Check out how I repurpose parmesan cheese shakers for pantry storage.
- Chocolate Chips: How about this for a cool fact. A regular 16 oz bag of chocolate chips (or similar flavored chip) fits perfectly into a regular sized parmesan cheese shaker!
- Baking Ingredients: Flax seed, coconut flakes and other baking ingredients often come in bags that can be hard to store in the pantry once they are opened. Storing these items in the parmesan shaker makes them easier to store as well as pour when you use them. And as long as you make sure to snap the lid- it keeps these items fresh too.
- Nuts– Another item that sometimes come in a bag, but easier to store in a parmesan cheese jar.
- Homemade Salad Dressing– When I make my Broccoli Slaw or Sweet Vinegar Dressing, I always use a parmesan container to mix the dressing. Not only does it make it easy to pour- but also to make. Add the ingredients, close the top and shake!
- Powdered Sugar– This one deserves it’s own separate mention aside from the baking ingredients above. You see this is the original parmesan container repurpose in our house. I mean, how else are you going to shake the right amount of powdered sugar on your french toast. 😉
One Big Tip! After the cheese is gone, hand wash the container before repurposing it. The plastic in those containers does not hold up to dishwasher cleaning (they get deformed).
What are some other ways to recycle parmesan cheese shakers?
I love to share great ideas for repurposing items that would have been headed to the trash or recycling bin. There are so many items in our homes that we can reuse and repurpose (instead of sending to the landfill). See more of my Repurposing Ideas here. And remember, as my Father-in-law says…