Don’t you just love it when your favorite things get together! 🙂 I love Chick-fil-A AND Operation Christmas Child. So I am very excited to share with my local readers about how these two loves are coming together this holiday season.
National collection week for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes is November 17-24. And Chick-fil-A on Sawmill Rd in Dublin has a few ways to help you participate.
- Look for a donation receptacle in store. Leave items to help fill boxes. (Checking the $1 Spot at Target across the street would be a great idea)
- Attend a packing party during the Family Night on Tuesday, the 11th. Please bring in items, they will provide boxes.
- Drop off your filled shoeboxes on a special “collection day” Saturday, November 22nd. As a token of thanks, each filled shoebox will earn you a coupon for a FREE mini-sundae.
- Need a shoebox? CFASawmill will have official OCC shoeboxes at the store.
Operation Christmas Child is a wonderful program run by Samaritans Purse. Your participation helps to share the love of Christmas with needy children all around the world! Each of my children fill a box for a child in their age range. As I have mentioned before, this is one of the reasons I coupon- so that I can give more! Many of the items that fill our boxes were Free or greatly discounted. And yes, hard candy from Halloween is great to donate. All through the year my family collects items to fill our shoeboxes (toothbrush, toothpaste, crayons, socks and more). Here are a few links to help you with your shoeboxes:
- List of gift suggestions to fill your box
- How to pack your shoebox
- Download a label
- Give online to track your box
- Find a drop off location near you