You’ve seen the posts on Facebook. A wife is thanking her husband for the nice gift – even though it’s days before he has even given it to her. How did she know? Amazon Prime Spoiler Alert! Yep, she got a notice from the Amazon Prime account that the item had shipped. A few Christmas’ ago, I set up an Amazon Household Account for my husband within my Amazon Prime account. It’s been awesome! Not only to avoid the spoilers… but also to share some of the other benefits of Prime membership.
How to set up an Amazon Household Account
First you need to have an Amazon Prime Account. Remember you can always give it a try for 30-Days Free. They also have yearly and monthly payment options so decide what plan is best for you (annual $99+tax plan is best value).
Then go into your account and click the menu option: “Your Prime Membership” (from the drop down on the right), click the banner that says share your membership to be directed to the Amazon Household sign up page (or go here)
Amazon Household can contain up to six members:
- Two adults, each with their own Amazon account.
- Up to four child profiles (children aren’t enabled to shop on Amazon through their child profiles).
Sharing benefits with Amazon Household requires both adults to link their accounts in an Amazon Household and agree to share payment methods. Each adult keeps his or her personal account while sharing those benefits at no additional cost.
You will need the second adult to be present (or at least know all their information) to go through the invite process to connect them to your account.
Amazon Household members will have access to these select Prime benefits:
- Fast & FREE Prime Shipping options (including unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping, discounted One-Day Delivery, and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery)
- Streaming access to thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Video
- Unlimited listening to original audio series and handcrafted playlists with Audible Channels
- 30-minute early access to Amazon Lightning Deals with Prime Early Access
- Unlimited storage for photos with Prime Photos, one account for each adult Household member, to store photos and free up space on your phone
- Access to free Kindle books through the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library
- 20% off diapers subscriptions and a 15% off Baby Registry completion discount, compliments of Amazon Family
- Prime Fresh members can share their Fresh delivery benefits
Also, you will be able to share digital content through your Family Library. And if you have kids- you can create Household accounts for them too and manage your children’s content on Amazon devices through Amazon FreeTime. Always good to have parental controls in place!
So will you be setting up Amazon Household Accounts? What perk is most enticing to you?